Windows 10 is the newest Operating System by Microsoft. This is an exciting version that brings together the best of Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 while also including some new great features.
Windows 10 is a free update for existing computers running the latest versions of Windows 7 and Windows 8.1. For more information on updating view the Microsoft's FAQ page.
Microsoft has worked closely with hardware and software vendors, partners and the Insider Team to have this version of Windows 10 be a much more solid and reliable product out of the box. But in any upgrade scenario there can be issues with 3rd party programs and apps. As always testing of your mission critical apps and hardware should be done prior to releasing the update to your employees. If you need assistance with setting up a test environment for your business ABN would be glad to help.
- The Start Menu is back in an expanded form
- Improved security and reliability
- Cortana digital assistant
- Microsoft Edge an all-new browser
- Snap feature improvements
- Touch, type and write support
- plus much more
If you want to upgrade to Windows 10 on your PC or tablet, here’s what it takes.
- Latest OS: Make sure you are running the latest version either Windows 7 SP1 or Windows 8.1 Update.
- Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster processor or SoC
- RAM: 1 gigabyte (GB) for 32-bit or 2 GB for 64-bit
- Hard disk space: 16 GB for 32-bit OS 20 GB for 64-bit OS
- Graphics card: DirectX 9 or later with WDDM 1.0 driver
- Display: 800x600
These are the minimum requirements. Windows 10 will run with these but your experience will be much better with more recent hardware.
For more information
If you would like more information on how A Better Network can help you incorporate these technologies into your business call us at 206-923-2100 or you can send us a message from our contact us page.
The ABN Staff